Saturday, July 2, 2011

All Smiles

Today, Nash smiled at me. Not just the sleeping smile, a real response smile. My sister in law was even here to witness the event, which was quite fantastic!

I have been trying to get Nash to give response smiles for about a week now. I tickle, play, and smile really big at him desperately trying to get him to do it. His Grammie kept saying that she was SURE he smiled at her. As much as I love her, that first smile is reserved for me, so I denied that he could yet. But today was the day!!

I was changing him and kissing his darling little toes. When I smiled at him, he gave me the most precious toothless grin. It was heaven.

After all my hard work these past few weeks, that is hands down the best pay off.





1 comment:

  1. yes!! can never beat those FIRSTS, and smiles are right up there at the top!! SOOOOO SWEEEEET!!!

    ReplyDelete