Saturday, July 2, 2011

Goodbye Extra Pregnancy Flesh

So, obviously I put on a little weight during pregnancy.
Thank God for the pre-eclampsia, because I was able to gain a mass amount of water weight that showed up mainly in my ankles, nose (I know, it makes no sense to gain weight in your nose), face, hands.......ok my whole body. The great thing about gaining a ton of water weight is you lose a ton of water weight immediately. I lost 27 lbs in the first week!
The unfortunate thing about losing a lot of water weight right at the beginning, is that is it quite discouraging when I get on the scale every day and I haven't lost 27 lbs in a week. Ok, so it's going to be a bit of battle against the flab, but I will be triumphant!!
I still have the dreadful 20 pregnancy lbs to lose, but it is on it's way off my body. Grammie took a picture of me looking down at Nash the other day and my double chin is half gone!
It was a very exciting day. Now to just get rid of the other half of it...........and fit back into my pants............and shirts........and bras. Look, I'm an optimist and I see the chin as half gone. I'll take the little victories I can get each day and keep moving forward................but I still wish I could lose 27 lbs tomorrow. Great, now I'm spoiled.

2 comments:

  1. keep nursing that little dude!!!! I SWEAR by it! I nursed Harrison and lost nearly 15 pounds more that I started out pre-pregnancy with him!!! It really does work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree breastfeeding burns a TON of calories! And you have to eat haha. Hang in there it eventually just falls off plus you still look great :-)

    ReplyDelete