Monday, June 20, 2011

A Sense of Humor



A sense of humor is an absolute must in parenthood. I learned this valuable lesson today.

Nash was in need of a change so I lay his little body down in his pack n' play (basically his changing station for the family room) and noticed that his back was a bit wet. This is not a new adventure as he has been known to pee out of the top of his diaper and somehow get it to his back. I call him the Pee Houdini. However, as I continued to disrobe the little man, I came to find that it was not pee as I had assumed. He had his first blow out diaper and, being the over achiever that he is, it was one heck of a blow out! All up his back near up to his neck and down his legs. I stared in disbelief and went right into problem solving mode as I brainstormed the best way to clean up this mess. I grabbed his Whale tubby and all the bath essentials. I figured I would wipe him up the best I could and finish the job with a nice bath. As I began wiping his back he displayed a beautiful pee fountain over his shoulder and, of course, not onto the blanket I had beneath him, but directly onto the pack n' play.
Ok, now I have a poopy kid and pee to clean up from his changing station. I quickly fill his tubby and toss him in. We are getting everything all clean; hair, body and mind and then the unthinkable happens.

He poops in the tubby. It is now time for Plan C, which is turn on the sink, pray the water isn't scalding hot and hold the screaming child beneath it to wash all of the poop and pee off. (I would like to point out that typically he is very mild and lovely during tubby time)
I wrap him in his frog towel and dry him off and calm him down. I put him in his jammers and rest him in his swing.

Now, I am sitting here laughing because 1. I decide to blog about it before I clean up the huge mess of poop and pee in the pack n play and whale tubby and B. I just noticed that I have leaked through my bra and shirt from him crying in the sink. 3. If I don't laugh, I may just break down and cry. But laughing is always more fun and how can you not smile when you have a kid this cute?

Whoever says that God doesn't have a sense a humor clearly are childless.



3 comments:

  1. So funny. Little Nash is already causing chaos! You're such a great mom Lia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure you are causing a lot more peeing from people laughing so hard at your post! HILARIOUS. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh the blow-out diaper! Such memories and with 5 kids we saw more than a fair share. Usually it happens as you are going out the door to something important or when you are out in public. Be thankful you had running water available. :)

    ReplyDelete