Sunday, May 1, 2011

Princesses and Cowboys


Over the weekend I watched the Royal Wedding with my grandma and mom. What an amazing spectacle! Everything was so incredible and Kate, the new princess, was stunning.

All women across the world were thinking the same thing; it was is fairy tale come true.
In a land far, far away (London is pretty far) there was a simple girl who met a Prince and they fell in love. After the most incredible wedding of all time, they get to live in a palace happily ever after.
Every woman dreams of this! It is embedded in us from a very young age. (thanks Disney)

One thing I noticed was that very few men dream of being the Prince. This is confusing to me. Why is there a strong draw for the girl to become the Princess, but absolutely none for the man to become the Prince Charming and sweep her off her feet to live in his castle?

I believe it's because his dream has nothing to do with castles, princesses or amazing weddings.
His dream is to ride on his horse, with a large hat, pistol in the hostler, and ride into the sunset. That's right, every man wants to be a cowboy. I have yet to meet a man, straight or not, who does not secretly wish this. What is it about the old west that is so enticing to men everywhere? I don't know the answer to this question.

All I know is the only thing our two dreams have in common is a horse.



1 comment:

  1. I got a real kick out of this post :). Kate was stunning (that dress ... wow ... it is a timeless and beautiful design. Did you know the lace was embroidered with the four flowers representing each nation of the U K ?) as was her whole wedding party. And you are so right about the cowboy thing too.

    ReplyDelete