Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Preparing for Baby Nash's Arrival


Wow, I am not so great at this consistent blogging thing. It's been just a few weeks since I started and I am already lagging behind.
I have some extra down time on my hands since I have been sentenced to bed rest. UGH.
Here is the thing about bed rest; there are days when I think "There is nothing that I would like more than to just sit on the couch all day long and read." Until I am forced into doing this and then my mind instantly changes and becomes rebellious saying "I can think of 1,000 things I would rather do than sit on the couch all day and read!"
The only one who really benefiting from all the bed rest is Tia. She is loving me being home all the time and cuddling in blankets with her. I guess she deserves a little of this before her life is completely tossed upside down by the baby.

Anyway, so here I am stuck on the couch and I still have a lot I need to prepare for. I still haven't figured out how to use the car seat yet, the baby room isn't finished and honestly I am just now starting to believe that a baby is actually coming. And he is coming out of me.
I definitely could understand how the whole stork thing got started because it does seem as though someone will just drop him off on my porch. If only.
The twice, sometimes three times a week non-stress tests, the constant monitoring of my blood pressure, and the trips to the doctor remind me that he is definitely on his way and causing a bit of havoc on my poor body.
But I have found a bit of silver lining.
First, it has made me appreciate what an awesome guy I landed with Isaac. There is nothing that he won't do and without an ounce of complaining. I am so blessed to have him as a baby daddy. Second, I am getting a small taste of what parenthood is about; not me. Which I am beginning to realize I might be better at it than initially thought. Thirdly, well I could only come up with two, but that is pretty good right?
Well, now they are going to change all my plans and induce me on June 4th. Stay tuned for further details and pictures of the little guy to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment